Q. I think my child has a developmental delay. How do I get help?

A. You can call 215-731-2110 to get information about early intervention services and screening.

Q. How can I access parenting support programs or classes in my neighborhood?

A. If you live in Southwest Philadelphia and have birth to five year old children, call us at 610-352-7610. For all other inquiries call 215-PARENTS.

Q. What are IEP and IFSP?

A. An Individualized Education Plan (IEP) guides the delivery of education and support services to a child with a developmental delay.  An Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) documents and guides the early intervention process for children and their families.

Q. I want to enroll in a School-Based Child Care program, but I can’t afford it. How can I get financial assistance?

A. Contact Child Care Information Services (CCIS) for information about assistance at 1-800-831-3117. CCIS for Delaware County is located at 110 South 69th Street, 2nd floor, Upper Darby, PA 19082.

Q. I am interested in pursuing a social work degree, do you offer internships?

A. Yes we do, for more information please see the Jobs/ Volunteer page of our website.

Q. I have some old clothes and furniture to give away. Do you take those kinds of donations?

A. We accept young children’s clothing and furnishings in nearly new condition on a case by case basis. To inquire, contact us at 610-352-7610 or email us at info@fssinc.org.

Q. I want to do a meaningful service project with my family? Can you help me?

A. Please read about our in-kind giving and volunteer program in the Support FSS section of our website or call us at 610-352-7610.

Q. Can you suggest some good parenting books I can read?

A. Our suggested reading list would include:

How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk, by Adele Faber, Elaine Mazlish

What to Expect When You’re Expecting (and other books in the series) By Arlene Eisenberg, Heidi Murkoff & Sandee Hathaway

The Magic Years , by Selma Fraiberg